Effects of Static on Plastics Used in Drug Delivery Devices
Growing interest in the delivery of aerosol or dry powder pharmaceuticals via inhalation brings with it concern of static attraction in the drug delivery pathway of medical devices.
Our conductive and medical materials experts have devised a simple experiment that illustrates this problem and discuss material solutions that minimize problems associated with inconsistent dosages in our white paper "Effects of Static on Plastics Used in Drug Delivery Devices".
Topics covered in this white paper include:
- Overview of static issues
- Standards for material evaluation
- Available plastics technologies
- Review of experiment with PermaStat® materials
- Material selection criteria